- age - upper/rising
- ashi tanren - leg conditioning
- bunkai - techniques and applications of a kata
- gasshuku - training camp
- gyaku - reverse
- hara - centre, centre of mass
- hoju undo - supplementary exercises utilising aids to develop strength, stamina, speed and coordination (see above)
- honbu dojo - central dojo of an organisation/region
- junbi undo - warmup and preliminary exercises
- junbi owarimasu - end of warmups
- kakie - a type of hand/arm exercise and associated applications used mostly for close combat. Also for improving strength, control and muchimi.
- kamae - stance and distancing as assumed for sparring
- karate-do - the way of karate. do means way or path (from the chinese tao).
- karateka - a karate practioner
- kata - a sequence of pre-arranged movements and techniques
- ki - spirit and energy (similar to chi)
- kiai - shout given as techniques are delivered to focus energy
- kihon - basics
- kime - focus
- ma-ai - correct distancing or timing with respect to one's partner
- morote - both hands simultaneously
- muchimi - heavy/sticky but still flowing (a desirable feature of many techniques)
- mushin - to do something automatically or without having to think about it.
- ritsurei - standing bow
- seiken - normal fist (front two knuckles)
- seiza - kneeling
- shihan - chief/master instructor. For IOGKF Goju Ryu this is Morio Higaonna.
- shime - testing of sanchin kata
- soto - outside (inside to outside)
- tako ashi - gripping the floor with spread toes.
- uchi - inside (outside to inside) or strike
- ude tanren - forearm conditioning
- zarei - sitting bow
17:00:00 - 2013 Waipukurau Camp
2013 Waipukurau Camp
2013 Waipukurau Camp - 12:00:00